Detail About Package
HEMKUND SAHIB TREK
This scared Sikh shrine is situated on the shores of the Hemkund lake (4320mtrs). It marks the place where Guru Govind Singh, the tenth and last Guru, unified with God after prolonged meditation in his previous birth. The guru's autobiography which contains a description of the place helped two devout Sikhs, Sant Sohan Singh and Havldar Mohan singh to rediscover it. According to Hindu mythology, Hemkund or Lokpal as it is also known, is where Lakshman had done his enance.
Hemkund is a 15km trek from Govindghat, which is the gateway to the Bhyundar or Lakshman Ganga valley. Govindghat is one of the bus route to Badrinath. The trek from here to Hemkund takes one through forests of pine and rhododendron where wild roses, ferns and alpine flowers bloom. The surging waters of the Lakshman Ganga are also visible. The last 5km of the trek entails a steep climb from Ghangharia, which is a base for visiting Hemkund.
Hemkund Lake is about 2km in circumference. Its clear, still waters mirror images of the Saptashringa Peaks (5500mtrs) which surround it. Bits of ice still float on the waters between July and October, the best season to visit Hemkund. The rockstrewn shores of the lake are covered with moss and flowers in bloom.
HEMKUND SAHIB TREKKING PACKAGE
04 Nights/05 Days Trekking Tour Packages
Short Brief Itinerary
- Day 01: Rishikesh - Joshimath (265kms/8hr)
- Day 02: Joshimath - Govind Ghat (22kms drive) - Ghangaria (13kms/5hrs Trek)
- Day 03: Ghangaria - Hemkund Sahib - Ghangaria (5.5kms/5hr each side)
- Day 04: Ghangaria - Govindghat (13kms trek down) - Rudraprayag (145kms/5hr)
- Day 05: Rudraprayag - Rishikesh - (140kms/5hr)
Day 01: Rishikesh - Joshimath (276kms/8hr)
Morning, drive straight to Joshimath enroute visit Deoprayag, Rudraprayag & Karnprayag. On Arr. Joshimath, Check in Hotel. Overnight stay. Joshimath: Adi Guru Shankaracharya, who came all the way from Kerels in the 8th Century A.D, perform penance under a tree here and after getting enlightenment, established a Math (religious centre), known as "Joshimath". The name Joshimath is derived from it. Temple of Narsingh and Nav Durga are located here.
Day 02: Joshimath - Govind Ghat (22kms drive) - Ghangaria (13kms/5hrs Trek)
Drive to Govindghat, Trek Start from here to Ghangaria (3000 mts). Check in Hotel. Ghangharia/Govinddham , situated in the midst of a pine grove Ghangharia serves asa base for visiting Hemkund Shaib. It is the last human habitation in the valley. A tourist Lodge, log huts, tents and a Gurudwara provide comfortable accommadition.
Day 03: Ghangaria - Hemkund Sahib - Ghangaria (5.5kms/5hr each side)
Early morning, trek start from here to Hemkund Sahib. Return back to Ghangaria after Darshan. Overnight stay. Gurudwara Hemkund Shaib : This imposing star-shaped structure of stone and concrete masonry is one the shores of the lake. An outlet behind the Gurudwara is source of the Lakshman Ganga. Temple of Lord Lakshman : A small temple nearby, dedicated to Lord Lakshman.
Day 04: Ghangaria - Govindghat (13kms trek down) - Rudraprayag (145kms/5hr)
After 13 Kms trek from Ghangaria to Govind Ghat, drive to Rudraprayag from Govind Ghat. Check in Hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 05: Rudraprayag - Rishikesh - (140kms/5hr)
Early morning, Drive to Rishikesh. Arrival at Rishikes tour end.
- All land transfers in air conditioned shared private vehicle from Haridwar/Rishikesh Railway station and back as per itinerary.
- 05 night accommodation as per itinerary on double sharing basis.
- 3 meals in each day (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) Pack lunch while on the trek.
- Entry fee for Valley of Flowers as applicable.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license-holder local trekking guide (1 guide for upto 10 pax).
- Travel Insurance or any other kind of insurance(Trekkers are advised to obtain applicable insurance on their own).
- Costs and expenses for medical treatment in case of evacuation or in case of any medical condition or emergency or otherwise for any reason.
- Any accommodation, travel or transport outside of the above itinerary for any reason.
- Single supplement or request for accommodation on twin sharing basis will be charged extra
- Hire charges for mules if hired by trekkers for personal luggage or personal ride.
- Meals other than Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, other beverages or drinks.
- Any expense of personal nature or any gifts, tips or donations.
- Any drinks, tips for the guide and porter etc.
- Any other cost or expense which is not specifically included in the price inclusion.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.